BUYING A BUSINESS
BUYING A BUSINESS
- Business Ownership in the United Stated is part of the American dream and what keeps our economy strong.
- Whether your looking to buy your first business or a serial entrepreneur looking for more acquisitions, here at Tempus – we can assist you in finding the right business, in the right location, at the right price.
- Tempus Business specializes in representing sellers and buyers in acquiring businesses throughout Florida.
- We are members of Business Brokers of Florida, the International Business Broker Association and the Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors.
- Contact us now for a complimentary and confidential consultation to learn the buying process and we can help you navigate the complexities of acquiring a business.
- Want to know what businesses we have for sale throughout Florida? Click on the tab: Businesses For Sale. Once there, you can freely navigate through all the current business listings. If any business listing peaks your interest than click the tab: I would like more information. We will immediately receive the notification and process the request.
10 THINGS EVERY BUYER SHOULD CONSIDER WHEN BUYING A BUSINESS.
- Understand Your Motivation
- Know Your Budget to Live and Buy
- Know What You’re Good At
- Start Your Search with a Business Broker
- Don’t Fall in Love at First Sight
- Confidentiality is a Must
- Review the Documentation
- Make the Offer
- Do your Homework
- Coffee are for Closers
For details on all 10 points, please watch our video.
8 REASONS WHY I SHOULD USE A BUSINESS BROKER
Watch our video to learn what business brokers charge for their services.
- No Money Upfront To Sell Your Business
- Paid Only If We Sell Your Business
- Complimentary Business Valuation Opinion
- Confidential Maximum Exposure of Business Listings
- We Vet All Buyers
- We Handle Your Sale From Listing To Closing
- Best Positioned To Sell Your Business
12 DIFFERENT WAYS TO FINANCE THE SALE AND PURCHASE OF A BUSINESS
Watch our video on the 12 Different Ways to Finance the Sale and Purchase of A Business:
- Friends, Family & Fools
- Personal Savings
- Credit Cards
- Secured Line of Credit
- Unsecured Line of Credit
- Portfolio Loan
- Peer-to-Peer Lending Networks
- Traditional Bank Loan
- SBA Loan
- Seller Financing
MERGER & ACQUISITIONS
A privately held company reaching revenues over $10MM within a fiscal year may be poised for a merger or acquisition. A merger can be defined as a consolidation of the target company with a surviving corporation. An acquisition can be defined as a target company selling off its tangible assets and goodwill to a corporation and subsequently dissolving. Whether it’s a merger or acquisition it is really form over substance from the standpoint of finding a buyer who will merge the target company into its own or acquire its assets. Either way, from our standpoint finding a buyer is the same. Typically you will look for larger industry “players” who are looking to expand vertically or horizontally.
Finding these industry “players” is more art than science and you have to treat each transaction differently. You have to plan a comprehensive and strategic search for a potential buyer. You need to understand the way on which you approach a potential buyer. Likewise, if you are looking to merger or acquire a company, the same rules apply as a comprehensive and strategic planning and execution is critical.
At Tempus, we have extensive experience in the M&A process from a sell or purchase standpoint. We assist from valuation, negotiating letters of intent to closing of the transaction.
Contact us today to discuss in more detail the M&A process and to assist you in the process itself.
Owning commercial property either for your business or as an investment is a critical transaction that will potentially yield long term financial gains. At Tempus we assist business owners find commercial property for their business. We also assist investors target and acquire commercial investment property to achieve their return on investment (“ROI”) goals. Contact us today for a free consultation if you either want to sell your commercial property or acquire one.